Warehouse Operative (Metal Cutting) – Nursling SO16 – £20,000
As a Warehouse Operative (Metal Cutting), you will work for a leading global distributor of a speciality material. The role requires you to receive, process, dispatch and cut metal of varying shapes and sizes.
Duties for the Warehouse Operative (Metal Cutting):
- Typical tasks include Goods Inspection, Cutting, Deburring, Picking and Packing
- Metal Cutting
- Ensure stock is stored in a safe and logical manner
- Ensure the warehouse environment is safe at all times, report any dangerous activity or hazards immediately
- Supporting documents to include but not limited to, end of day check sheets, pre-use machine checks and forklift check sheets are correctly used and filled out.
- Use all Hardware and Software equipment and software programs provided to carry out tasks; this can include but not limited to – IT equipment, email, software programs, calculators, scanning equipment, ID cards etc
- Maintain good communication between team members, your Team Leader, Supervisors and management.
- Ensure daily targets in your area are met and where possible exceeded.
- Warehouse or Manufacturing experience
- Metal Cutting experience
- Sideloader and Counterbalance forklift experience required
- Positive attitude
- Comfortable with lifting heavy items
The Warehouse Operative (Metal Cutting), role may also suit candidates searching for: Cutting, Metal, Goods Inspection, Stock or Manufacturing.
As Warehouse Operative (Metal Cutting), you will be required to work on an alternate shift basis, Monday-Friday. This will consist of working one week of early shifts 6am-2pm with 30 min break, followed by one week of late shifts Monday-Thursday 1:45pm-10:30pm with 30 min break, Friday 1:30pm-6:30pm. The salary provided will be within the region of £20,000.