We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Assistant for our client based near Poole. They are a leading company with a fantastic reputation and are experts in their field.
As a Purchasing Assistant you are responsible for managing one of the company’s biggest client accounts, raising purchase orders and ensuring the correct balance between service levels and stock availability.
The Purchasing Assistant position is a very busy and challenging role, but it also offers the right balance of variation.
You must be able to multitask, work under pressure and to deadlines and you will need to be commercially minded and confident to negotiate.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Review all relevant purchasing information daily and make decisions on quantities to order.
• Place purchase orders with in a timely and efficient manner ensuring departmental targets are achieved.
• Raise transfers, when necessary, between depots.
• Monitor the progress of purchase orders and communicate changes in due dates to the wider business.
• Expedite purchase orders to ensure delivery dates are maintained.
• Provide the necessary information and paperwork to support import / inbound purchase orders.
• Schedule large deliveries and provide the operations team with accurate delivery information.
Knowledge And Experience:
• Previous experience of working in a similar role
• Confident user of Microsoft systems including Excel
• Able to work with a variety of teams and departments
• Self-motivated and gets the job done
• Can work well under pressure
Salary – DOE
Hours – 40 hours a week
Free onsite Parking
20 days holidays + bank holidays
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance|