Our well-established and innovative client is part of a group of the largest providers of domestic lighting to UK national accounts and independent retailers, with their head office in Poole. They work closely with customers to design bespoke, high-quality products, and are currently seeking a Prototype Technician to join their lively and creative team, running the design development workshop.
Assisting the design team in the 3D visualisation of new product development, you will be responsible for accurately constructing and fabricating new product samples.
This unique position plays an important part in the design process by applying knowledge of workshop machinery, welding and construction techniques, and ensuring samples are developed efficiently and accurately for design review and presentations.
- Producing workshop fabricated lighting prototypes.
- Working closely with the design team in an efficient manner, ensuring compliance with health and safety.
- To support and advise the design development to ensure the best possible solution for the brief.
- Organisation and maintenance of the workshop area.
- Wiring, fixing and testing of prototypes for presentations.
- Display of prototypes in the showroom, ensuring products are wired and installed in the required positions.
- Supporting the photographic studio with set construction.
- Organising, ordering and storing sample components and workshop materials.
- Experience in metal working (bending extraction tubes, using & making formers)
- Experience in the use of workshop equipment including: Mig/Tig Welding, Braizing, Pillar Drill, Band Saw, Electrical Wiring, Spot Welding, Milling, Turning (Lathe work) Routing, Spray Painting.
- Experience in wood work would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be creative, self-motivated, hardworking , enthusiastic, be able to work effectively under pressure, and have the ability to work in a busy workshop environment.
- Flexible working hours – 4 to 5 days a week
- Competitive salary
- Great team culture, within a supportive, stable and progressive business
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- External benefits and reward scheme
- Generous staff discount
If this sounds like the role for you then please do not hesitate to apply today!
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance, Office & Administration|