Salary: Category: Engineering, Office & Administration, Temporary & Contract
PRODUCTION MANAGER – POOLE – MATERNITY COVER – SALARY £DOE
An extremely exciting and rare opportunity has arisen, to work for a very exciting, luxurious, manufacturing company based in Poole. This is a Maternity Cover post, and will give the right person the opportunity to join a very welcoming and friendly team based in Poole, with free on site car parking.
You will be responsible for Managing U.K. handmade manufacturing processes to meet customer deadlines
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the UK Handmade Production Timeline – Schedule jobs with the view to maximise operational efficiency and productivity
- Maintain accurate production records, reporting files and the MRP effectively.
- Lead, motivate, develop and support the production team – Optimise efficiency through planning, training & development of production team
- Keep the Production team up to date with changes, concerns and processes within the business- maintain links with other departments. Hold and document regular team meetings and attend inter-department meetings as appropriate.
- Review, maintain and update production processes to best reflect efficiency and compliance (e.g. Health and Safety)
- Raise issues, training needs, skills gaps, compliance, standards and general performance of the department through regular management reporting to Company Directors.
- Manage Purchasing for UK Hand Made production (UK suppliers)
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Positive attitude and a professional approach
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or purchasing background
- Managing projects and delivering within set time scales
- Strong MRP skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Strong administration skills
- High standard of attention to detail
- Capable of working under own initiative, effective problem solving, with a solution focus
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Experience and knowledge of Sage software (Accounts and Manufacturing) is preferred but not essential
Back to Recent Jobs