Salary: Category: Engineering Hours: Monday to Friday
Privately owned business operating predominantly in the global aerospace sector and employing 189 staff at facilities occupying more than 72,000 sq.Ft. They have grown steadily over the last 12 years from its original factory in to a business now operating 3 factories across the UK. The company relates its success in terms of quality, reliability and subsequent growth to its policy of only employing skilled self-motivated personnel.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
– To manage the operations within the AIRBUS FACILITY.
– To ensure operations are conducted in strict accordance with aircraft models [A320/A330/]operating within the facility in respect of commercial,production,logistics & quality control.
– To ensure the objectives of the facility operating model are achieved, improved & where failure is recorded, implement & manage corrective & preventive action[s].
– To strictly monitor & maintain customer requirements in respect of quality & delivery metrics.
– To strictly monitor, maintain & control all commercial elements of the facility.
– To uphold company policies as documented in the Business Strategy.
– To act as SAFETY OFFICER in accordance with the company H&S Manual
– To ensure correct practise, legalities and responsibilities in respect of H&S, EMS& product and quality systems assurance is maintained
– Facility security, maintenance [including machine] & housekeeping.
– To control the commercial purchasing within the facility model & the business budget.
– To initiate, manage and document all corrective actions to ensure preventive action is effective and production management is not compromised.
– To ensure product non conformity is communicated to the production staff & not returned to the production staff without effective action.
– To monitor performance of all direct manufacturing operatives in respect of quality and recommend training, or corrective action as appropriate to secure sales and performance objectives.
– To ensure employee training is identified, managed and documented accurately and timely [BOCS-24].
– To attend Quality Reviews & complete effective RCCA on time.
– To provide & publish on the team board by the first day of each month the measures defined in the AIRBUS FACILITY PERFORMANCE MODEL:
– To ensure KITS are despatched on the KANBAN date & communicate/mange resource to facilitate delivery/sales in accordance with financial planning/budget.
– Spares delivery [product to customer EPO]
– To QA approve product WORKS ORDER CARDS compliant with BOCS-11 & AS9100 [latest revision] requirements.
– To coordinate/assist Quality Clinics IAW BOCS-18.
– To fully support & Quality reviews & ensure all/any RCCA are conducted on time & effectively to prevent re occurrence of all/any non-conformances.
– To monitor daily, the quality & operational controls of the facility:
Works Order Card Accuracy
Tooling/fixturing & Quality check sheets accuracy & conformity
Product EBQ conformity
– To attend, support & provide accurate information for weekly production reviews & expedite product & material delivery as required.
– To manage the facility/co-ordinate effective 5C management programmes
– Emergency response team member.
Proposed start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: DOEBack to Recent Jobs