Salary: Up to £42,000 Category: Engineering Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:30 Friday 08:30 to 16:00.
Role: Design Engineer
Salary: To £42,000
Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:30 Friday 08:30 to 16:00.
As an experienced Senior Design Engineer, of at least five years, having specifically managed new product development and R&D throughout this time period. You will become part of a driven and passionate, close knit team, within a recognised and global engineering business, based in Poole who specialise in the design and manufacture of both off the shelf and custom engineered lifting solutions.
Reporting to the Technical Director and Design Engineering Manager, you will be preparing design briefs and detailed specifications, to facilitate the companies comprehensive new product development programme. Managing the design, research and development of new products from initial concepts through to prototyping, pre-production and final release.
Product specific internal training will be provided, however lifting equipment design experience is very much preferred and incredibly advantageous. Regardless of experience, the successful candidate must be willing to embrace the challenge of a dynamic and varied workload.
- Preparing design briefs and detailed specifications
- Managing the design, research and development of new products from initial concepts through to prototyping, pre-production and final release
- Comprehensive competitor product research
- Researching and engaging with our customer base to develop products to meet customer demand, needs and expectations
- Customer visits where required at enquiry stage, presenting business and understanding customer requirements to design and offer best solution including writing pitch document
- Liaising with various stakeholders such as internal colleagues and subcontractors and suppliers
- Design and draughting using AutoCAD and Solidworks Software
- Producing detailed set out drawings, fabrication drawings and general arrangement (GA) drawings
- Selecting appropriate materials, section sizes, and components
- Visiting subcontractor to assist them when necessary to carry out pre-production assembly / trials, and attend testing of products (on-site testing to be co-coordinated by the Project Management Team)
- Producing full technical files for company products
- Producing literature for User Instructions / marketing materials
- Becoming a technical specialist in relation to our products, with extensive knowledge of lifting law
- Project management experience, taking projects from concept to completion while communicating to various stakeholders
- Meticulous eye to detail whilst working on more than 1 project at a time
- Good communication skills (visual, verbal and written) with the ability to easily convey ideas as well as ability to present to clients, senior management and colleagues at all levels
- Using 3D structural stress analysis and finite element analysis (FEA)
- Extensive AutoCad Software experience and familiarity
- Solidworks Software experience and familiarity
- DFMEA knowledge and experience
- Supplier selection and assurance familiarity
- Process approach familiarity (ISO Standards)
- Chartered Engineer status, membership of a relevant professional institution desirable, not essential
A minimum of 5 years Senior Design Engineering experience is required. Candidates must hold a Mechanical Engineering degree, or Mechanical Engineering HNC/HND or equivalent.
To be considered and demonstrate you are the right person for the role. Every candidate must provide a tailored supporting covering letter, detailing their relevant experience and competence against our specific job requirements.
If you are interested click applyBack to Recent Jobs