Our client is a national distributor of life safety equipment working on behalf of over 50 major manufacturers, supplying to businesses over the UK. We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging warehouse operative to join a developing team.
The role will support and contribute fully to the steady revenue growth the company is currently generating.
• Receiving and processing of stock delivered in from manufacturers
• Raising any queries over deliveries with the relevant manufacturer/customer
• Organising and maintaining stock within the stores
• Picking and processing daily orders ready for collection by deadline
• Investigate missing/late deliveries, resolving issues appropriately
• Processing returns
• Greeting any customers who are collecting orders or guide them to the relevant person if placing an order
• Contributing positively to the continued growth of the business in all areas
• Being fully committed to supporting colleagues across the business as needed
• Fast and efficient processing of orders placed daily maintaining a very high level of accuracy.
• Packaging any orders in the correct manner to avoid any damage or loss while in transit to the customer.
• Accurately checking and processing any deliveries that come in daily.
• Ensuring that stock is tidy and safely on the shelf in the correct locations.
• Be confident in answering the phone to customers when required.
• Able to work at a high pace, keeping a high degree of accuracy, ensuring all orders picked and labelled correctly by deadlines
• Setting priorities, coordinating with other members of staff, coping with multiple tasks.
• Ensuring correct product, correct customer, correct place whilst also keeping a safe environment in a busy warehouse.
• Able to work at a high pace for prolonged periods, able to lift boxes up to 25kgs.
• Quick learner with the ability to learn about new products and services.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• I.T. Literacy – quickly and efficiently accessing records, checking databases, updating files.
• Previous experience of warehouse/stores role is not essential.
|Job Category||Temporary & Contract|