Working as an upholsterer would allow you to be working for a major UK supplier for furniture, artwork, brewery, restaurant, and hotel industry. My client is looking for an experienced upholsterer to join their friendly team.
Duties as an Upholsterer:
• Work under the direction of the Upholstery Workshop Supervisor.
• Work as part of team
• Measure and cut fabric or leather pieces with the aid of patterns or stencils and industrial cutting tools to precise sizes and dimensions
• Using power and hand tools, apply and install batting, foam, poly-filler and cut fabric to wooden framework in the assembly of hand-crafted furniture
• Attach finishes, including buttons, trim, tassels and other decorative accessories, to complete orders according to specifications
• Operate portable hand-sewing equipment, nail guns, hobnail and tack hammers, hot-knife cutters and other industrial equipment
• Discuss complications or assembly slow-downs with supervisor and suggest solutions
• Manually sew upholstery or operate sewing machines to seam cushions and join various ends of a fabric
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of upholstery techniques by monitoring the upholstery industry to identify trends
• Follow sketches, patterns or specifications to indicate cutting lines on fabrics using chalks, pencils or paint
• Examine furniture frames, springs, and webbings to identify defects
• Apply knowledge of upholstery to build or repair upholstered furniture using a variety of hand or power tools
• Adhere to health and safety rules
• Wear protective clothing as required
The Ideal Upholster:
• Previous upholstery experience preferred
• Understanding of suitability of fabrics
• Creative skills
• Physical stamina required to lift furniture
• Prepared to work overtime if required
• Good verbal communications
• Dependable and responsible
• Strong work ethic
• Comfortable working as part of a team
• Thorough, alert and detail orientated
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Flexibility when following instructions on priority of workflow
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a great developing company, which can allow you to utilise your skills as an Upholsterer. The role would require working hours of Monday- Friday 0800-1730 with half hour lunch and tea breaks. As an upholsterer you will receive excellent company benefits such as: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and free onsite parking.
If you are interested in this position, click apply!