The role of Technical Officer is a hands on engineering role assisting a workshop function to ensure that plant, machinery and equipment is checked, maintained, serviced, stored and issued in line with policies and procedures.
Duties for the Technical Officer:
• Ensures that all equipment is serviced correctly and stored neatly in its correct place and is ready for re-issue
• Ensures that returned equipment is cleaned, stored and effectively administrated
• Places incoming goods into the store and administrates the KanBan process accordingly
• Carries out routine servicing of plant and equipment and ensures that records are updated accordingly
• Following the workshop procedures and plays a part in ensuring that the workshops and yard are kept clean and orderly and that walkways are always kept clear
• Takes part in projects as and when requested to so by the Head of Workshops/Contracts Director
• At least 3 years’ experience gained in a similar workshop environment
• A qualification in an engineering and/or fabricating discipline.
• Fully skilled/experienced in a wide range of workshop practices (turning, welding, fabricating, fitting, etc).
• A good understanding of electrical wiring particularly automotive and an ability to read and understand /wiring diagrams
• A strong and infectious “can do” attitude coupled with a desire to stick to deadlines without compromising quality
• Able to diagnose faults through logical and systemic reasoning
• A commitment to continuous improvement
The Technical Officer role may also suit candidates searching for: Engineering, Fabrication, Welding, Plant Operative, Electrical.
The role for the Technical Officer is a full-time position, Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. The hourly pay rate for the role is between £10.87 and £13.00 depending on background and experience.