An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a friendly and very well-regarded company based in Poole! This is a great chance to join an innovative company at a hugely exciting time in their growth offering a fast paced and positive environment to work within!
Due to their growth, they now have a requirement for a Supply Chain Manager to join their busy team.
As Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing Worldwide and UK stock movement, control, distribution, logistics and warehousing as well as managing and motivating a small team.
Job Responsibilities will include:
– Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers and relevant internal departments to deliver the right products effectively, efficiently and economically
– Organize and coordinate supply chain fulfilment for finished goods (and components, where required)
– Overseeing product shipping, documentation, storage, handling, movement and distribution
– Producing supply chain forecasts in line with the purchasing plan
– Improving the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
– Proactively manage, maintain and develop relationships with new and existing service providers with the aim to reduce costs/lead times by monitoring, reporting and improving quality/service levels ensuring compliance in terms of finance, quality and ethical guidelines.
– Responsibility for all invoices and pack lists – all shipping types (e.g. DDP, FOB, DAP, EXW etc)
– Monitor and own Courier sample tracking sheet to ensure authorized use only
– Maintain and update (as required) accurate Packaging Master
Logistics and Warehouse
– Planning and implementing logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
– Overseeing usage of warehouse capacity to ensure efficiency
– Sourcing and managing any warehouse fulfilment services
– Review, develop and implement department budgets, ensuring that spends are within company guidelines and maximums are not exceeded
– Forecast the levels of demand for products and services to ensure that stock is procured effectively and meets the business needs
– Provide regular, structured reports and statistics using computer software to enable operational and strategic delivery and planning
– Conduct research and meetings to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
– Deliver a competent Supply Chain strategy that is lean, appropriate and aligned to the overall business objectives
– Review, develop and implement (where possible automate) supply chain policies, processes and procedures.
Knowledge and understanding of shipping manifests, international freight and supply chain are essential to the role, along with experience of managing and delivering projects within set time scales.
The successful candidate will also possess strong planning, organisational and administration skills with a logical and systematic approach to work.
Competency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word is also essential to the role.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please don’t delay in sending your CV!
|Job Category||Engineering, Office & Administration|