Stock Control Manager – Romsey – Up to £35,000
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Stock Control Manager for a highly successful specialist clothing company that supplies to retail locations based in the Hampshire region.
The successful Stock Control Manager will play a critical role in the effective management and optimisation of our inventory across the whole company. This role demands a versatile skill set, encompassing leadership, problem-solving, data analysis, organisation, and keen attention to detail. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory management, special order products, from tracking and auditing to maintenance and team leadership.
Stock Control Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead and support a team of inventory management professionals to optimise stock across multiple locations, ensuring team roles are clearly defined, have a good workflow and tasks are balanced
- Set a leadership example and make decisive decisions to drive team success
- Use the Fashion Master Retail software to identify and swiftly resolve inventory-related challenges, including shrinkage, dead stock, and product discrepancies
- Maintain production orders, streamline and develop inventory processes within our warehouse, web and retail facilities
- Implement efficient product organisation by SKU numbers and product characteristics
- Use Slim4 (AI-powered supply chain planning tool) to utilise data and make informed decisions, including calculating reorder points, lead times, economic order quantities, and contribute to consistent stock levels and business growth
- Monitor and address day-to-day stock shortages, ensuring sufficient products for all distribution channels and customer demand
- Analyse data to anticipate future inventory needs, actively supporting the forward planning team with day-to-day and bulk ordering
- Minimise stock excesses to maximise business profits, liaison with colleagues on line changes, and ensuring stock accuracy
- Ensure stock accuracy by liaisons with key stakeholders across the business, including actively work with the Warehouse Manager and Shop Managers in an annual stock take each year, and at various points during the year as required
- Assist the team chasing up any difficult issues with suppliers and cascade to forward ordering/pricing team as appropriate
- Assist with annual price changes and updates, and check details during the year to ensure costing are accurate
Stock Control Manager/ Inventory Management requirements:
- Previous experience of managing a team with strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to build strong working relationships
- Experience in a stock management role, or similar, with knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Familiarity with inventory management software (eg Fashion Master Retail, Slim4 or other supply chain and stock control systems) and other IT software eg Office 365
- Outstanding organisational, problem-solving and planning skills
- Analytical and meticulous attention to detail to minimise errors and save company resources
- Available to work extended hours from time to time as necessary
The role of the Stock Control Manager is a Full-time, permanent Role Monday – Friday 8.30-5.00pm, including some weekends during peak season on a rota basis.
£32,000 to £35,000, depending on experience
Benefits Include :
Free onsite parking
General discounts for you and your family
Quiet Christmas period
If you are currently a Stock Control Manager and looking for a new challenge, please do not hesitate to contact us.
|Office & Administration