Service Technician – Southampton, Portsmouth, Romsey & Basingstoke – Salary: £30,000
We are working with a long-standing, prestigious automotive company based in Southampton which is looking to recruit experienced Service Technicians to be based in different dealerships across the South Coast.
As a Service Technician you will be a member of the Aftersales Team and will report to the Service Manager. The Service Technician will carry out a variety of workshop work in an efficient and safe manner. The aim is to meet customer requirements and maximise workshop utilisation and productivity.
Main duties of the Service Technician:
- Carries out vehicle services and repairs in accordance with brand technical standards and processes.
- Liaises directly with customers where appropriate.
- Provides support to less experienced colleagues and attends regular training to update technical skills.
- Ensure the immediate working environment is kept clean and devoid of any working practice which may be hazardous to either themselves or others.
- Handling of waste products and hazardous materials must be carried out as per company policies and C.O.S.H.H. Regulations.
Key competencies of the Service Technician:
- Highly skilled in fault diagnosis and hold the relevant MOT Tester qualification.
- Previous vehicle knowledge and proven skills.
- MOT qualification (valid class IV MOT testing licence.)
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ accreditation.
- Attention to detail and maintains good, accurate quality of work.
- Able to communicate and work in a team.
Working hours of the Service Technician:
Week 1 Monday to Friday 07:00 – 15.30 (half an hour for lunch)
Week 2 Monday to Friday 10:00 – 18.30 (half an hour for lunch) Saturdays 0800 – 13:00
The role of Service Technician is a permanent and full-time opportunity and offers an annual salary up to £30,000 dependant on experience alongside many benefits including bonus. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a friendly, efficient, and professional environment as a Service Advisor, APPLY TODAY!