An exciting new role has arisen for a Shrinkwrap Service Engineer to join a large organisation based in Wimborne, Dorset. Being both electrically and mechanically proficient, the post holder will be required to carry out all service and installation requirements of the Shrinkwrap Department both in the UK, and occasionally overseas. Are you looking to work in a dynamic environment, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role will require the post holder to have a understanding of the operation and functionality of the full range of, or the employers Shrinkwrap machines and to be able to apply this knowledge to previously supplied machines when carrying out service activities. Training will be provided, where required.
Key Responsibilities of the service engineer:
• Liaising with the Service Manager to arrange and carry out service and installation visits.
• Carrying out maintenance and commissioning/training visits
• Providing telephone assistance for customer technical queries.
• When undertaking service and installation duties the role will involve:
• Providing internal technical support.
• Fault finding.
• Mechanical and electrical machine builds.
• New machine testing and demonstration for customers prior to despatch.
• To travel to work on-site at customers’ facilities for installation, commissioning and service activities.
• To assist with machine builds when not undertaking service activities.
• To set-up and test machines to provide a quality wrap on the test samples supplied
• To ensure that quality of build / service and general machine operation meets the required level.
• To ensure that machine operation is safe and complies with company agreed standards.
• To run completed machines for internal factory acceptance tests and customer sign-offs.
• To liaise with the Engineering Department.
• Ensure quality work at all times.
• To complete all documentation requirements for service visits and new machine builds
The individual will be required to travel in the UK so it is a condition of employment that they have a driving licence. We will provide a pool car for service visits only. There may be a rare occasion when the individual is required to travel overseas.
Service Engineer – Shrinkwrap
Full time – 39 hours per week
07:30 to 16:45 hours Monday to Thursday
07:30 to 12:30 hours Friday
Salary circa £29k to £34k per annum DOE.