Are you an experienced Quality Engineer looking for your next step up? Perhaps you are already an experienced Quality Manager? Do you have experience of working within manufacturing?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to actively drive a team and processes to assist the business in becoming a world class manufacturer!
Our very well-established client based in Poole is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join their business as a Quality Manager to lead the inspection team and ensure numerus Quality of products to customer and Regulatory bodies requirements and supporting the shopfloor on a technical level.
Continuous improvement is paramount having a thorough understanding of lean tools and how they positively impact on KPI’s.
• Managing quality control, through a team of quality inspectors co-ordinate the work of the team ensuring daily/weekly Targets are met
• Managing QMS to be compliant to AS9100 Rev D
• Driving a quality culture throughout all areas of the business
• Ensure quality targets are met and take the lead in root cause analysis (RCA) events to understand cause and prevent re-occurrence.
• Manage and perform Audits internal and with Customers / Suppliers
• Quality representative for the Business when dealing with Customers and Suppliers
• Undertake and initiate meetings, toolbox talks to ensure Quality objectives are met.
• Fully understand KPI’s, being able to demonstrate impacts on business performance and how to put improvements in place.
• Compile, maintain & ensure staff understand and adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures
• Ensure Health and Safety and wellbeing of the team is reinforced and managed
• Work with Team leaders on Continuous improvement
Person specification: –
• AS9100 certified (ISO1900 considered)
• Excellent organisational and planning skills are essential
• Good strong team player with the ability to influence others and lead a team
• Demonstrable experience in people management
• Strong PC skills, able to use Microsoft office suite, including but not limited to; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (in English).
• Have a thorough understanding of Health and safety requirements within the workplace.
• Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement and lean principles.
• Extensive experience working in a machine shop quality department.
• Apprenticeship trained would be desirable.
Salary: £35-40k per annum DOE
Hours: 39 per week (core hours are 08.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday)