Are you experienced in creating business plans, budgets and cash flows and have a knowledge of using voice recognition software? We have an exciting opportunity to join a company based in Fordingbridge offering a competitive salary, benefits and part time hours. The ideal candidate will be required to provide excellent and comprehensive executive and administrative support to the CEO and their Executive Team, working closely with the PA.
This includes planning and organising complex activities and logistics, providing high level support as required, dealing with confidential and sensitive information, communicating and liaising with the Chairman, trustees, executive directors, colleagues, and wider partners/ stakeholders. The aim is to allow the CEO to focus on more strategic tasks by delegating day-to-day work to the business assistant. The successful applicant will be expected to adopt a flexible ‘can do’ approach.
Responsibilities of the Personal Assistant:
• Forward planning of CEO meetings and external presentations.
• Deciding agenda items.
• Draft high-quality letters and reports on behalf of the CEO, Executive Directors and other designated individual(s).
• Commissioning papers and presentations from directors and meeting participants.
• Checking and editing submitted papers.
• Preparing meeting minutes and dealing with follow up actions:
• Attending the meetings, preparing minutes and action points (ideally using voice recognition software).
• Dealing with CEO actions including monthly CEO staff newsletter.
• Research and prepare technical briefings for the CEO
• Source policy and other reports once published.
• Prepare a summary for CEO and relevant directors.
• Maintain a library of reports and references.
• Management of CEO and director-level projects. Act as project manager on the CEO’s behalf for projects such as preparation and progress review for Strategic Plan, annual staff conference, staff training, summer BBQ etc.
• Governance including trustee selection and management:
• Research and prepare biog notes for short and long-listed candidates.
• Prepare trustee selection papers for trustee meetings.
• Prepare and keep up-to-date material for trustee induction.
• Arrange induction visits to projects.
• Prepare an on-board and familiarisation programme for trustee’s post-induction.
• Be the point of consolidation and analysis for staff surveys and feedback forms.
• Draft mini business plans for new plans and projects.
• Effectively communicate on the CEOs behalf, displaying tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, using persuasion and negotiating skills and to be able to overcome objections.
• Plan, prioritise and manage own workload to meet tight deadlines on a daily basis.
• Carry out other administrative tasks as required.
Skills required for the Personal Assistant:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Strong team building and management skills
• Experience of defining and reporting progress against targets
• Experience of delivering Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, such as Equality Analysis
• Reasonable computer literacy and knowledge of relevant software packages including all Microsoft Office Suite & Outlook.
• Ability to write basic business plans, budgets and cash flows
• Interest in, and knowledge of, game & wildlife, environment, and farming – Desirable but not essential
• Science background – Desirable but not essential
22.5 hours per week (with flexibility)
Usually 5 mornings 08:30–13:00
May require some full days depending on diary commitments
Office based (Some travel may be required)
Life insurance and medical insurance after probation
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance, Office & Administration|