The Work Shop is pleased to be working with one of our established clients based in Salisbury who is looking to recruit an Operations Manager Assistant for their busy office.
The role of the Operations Manager Assistant is to undertake tasks to support the Operations Manager in the day to day running of the Logistics Department.
You will need your own transport due to location. There is free parking on site.
Role and Responsibilities
• Work under the direction of the Operations Manager
• Help to plan the allocation of tasks across the team
• Assist in booking and controlling the labour resource required to fulfil projects on site on a daily basis, and looking up to 5 days in advance
• Assist in booking the transportation required to fulfil the projects
• Assist in organising available resource with respect to loading and unloading vehicles, moving materials around the premises and collection of materials used in production
• Liaise with on-site teams checking progress and dealing with any resulting issues
• Compiling and distributing project briefs to allocated collection points in readiness for the following day’s work
• Prepare and provide relevant Health and Safety compliance documentation required for sites
• Update the project planner daily as required which may require liaison with the Project Managers
• Ensure records are maintained
• Provide cover for the Operations Manager in their absence
• Ad hoc tasks as requested by the Operations Manager
• Good verbal communications
• Good interpersonal skills across a range of situations/people
• Dependable and willing to take responsibility
• A strong work ethic being able to ‘complete and finish’ a task
• Thorough and detail orientated
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Flexibility when following instructions on priority of workflow
• Previous experience of a transport environment would be desirable but not essential
This is a newly created role, and will give you the opportunity to join a fast-paced, vibrant company. If your skills match the criteria above, please apply NOW!
|Job Category||Office & Administration|