MOT Technician – Salisbury and Portsmouth – Salary: £30,000
We are working with a long-standing, prestigious automotive company with dealerships in Salisbury and Portsmouth which is looking to recruit an experienced MOT Technicians to join their friendly teams.
As a MOT Technician, you will perform a variety of workshop work in an efficient and safe manner including performing MOT tests. The aim is to meet customer requirements and maximise workshop utilisation and productivity.
Main Duties of the MOT Technician:
- Undertaking Class IV MOT tests with the view to diagnose and undertake general repairs
- Performing routine servicing and welding repairs to vehicles in accordance with brand technical standards.
- Performing diagnostic investigations into vehicle electrical system faults, providing reports on faults found.
- Undertaking air-conditioning system servicing and repairs.
- Obtaining estimates and ordering car parts in order to resolve the vehicle issues.
- Liaising with customers where appropriate updating them on the status of their vehicle checks.
Key competencies of the MOT Technician:
- Highly skilled in fault diagnosis and hold the relevant MOT Tester qualification
- Previous vehicle knowledge and proven skills
- MOT qualification (valid class IV MOT testing licence.)
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ accreditation
- Attention to detail and maintains good, accurate quality of work
- Able to communicate and work in a team
Working Hours for the MOT Technician
Mon to Fri 8 am – 5.30 pm
Sat 8.30am – 12.30 pm (1 in 4 rota)
The role of MOT Technician is a permanent and full-time opportunity and offers an annual salary up to £30,000 dependant on experience alongside many benefits. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a friendly, efficient, and professional environment as a Service Advisor, APPLY TODAY!