Mechanical Design Engineer – Southampton – Up to £65,000
Due to ambitious growth and expansion, an exciting opportunity has become available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our well-established and friendly client based in Southampton.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the opportunity to work with a pioneer industry leader and innovator and will be given the opportunity to expand their knowledge and expertise through training for career development as part of their role.
Main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Collaborate with the Head of Design to develop new machined components and expand the size range of existing parts
- Work closely with junior designers to achieve high-quality designs and production drawings
- Lead existing and new projects from concept to final drafting
- Take full ownership of engineering and calculations for projects, employing both hand calculations and SolidWorks FE analysis
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and industry regulations in all engineering processes
Key competences of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Good conceptual and engineering skills with a keen understanding of load paths on systems
- Proficient user of CAD, preferably with experience in SolidWorks for modeling and drafting and familiarity with Rhino 3D software
- Capable of working independently on projects while maintaining a collaborative approach
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy in design and drafting
- Engineering Qualifications or significant Engineering exposure
The role of Mechanical Design Engineer is a permanent and full-time position offering a competitive annual salary up to £65,000 dependent on experience. Our client also offers many benefits, including bonus scheme, 31 days annual leave, professional development, and on-site parking.
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity and make your mark in a fast-paced, supportive, and growing business, please APPLY NOW!