Our client is a leading manufacturing company that offers a comprehensive product range to their global customers.
They are seeking an IT Support Engineer to provide hardware and software support for their end users whilst also assisting other members of the team supporting their IT infrastructure.
Troubleshooting is a key requirement for this role and will suit someone with an analytical mind who has a keen interest in all aspects of IT.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of their entire endpoint estate, this will include overseeing and improving the endpoint patching.
Support and improvements of IT applications and services will also form a feature of this role whilst also involving an element of application installation and support.
This role would suit an individua who enjoys exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
• Initial contact for software and hardware support issues, logging calls on ticketing system and providing resolution, escalating where required.
• Performing routine monitoring of systems and software.
• Responsible for the generation and maintenance of Virtual Machines and installation of end user software.
• Perform routine administration for new employees and leavers.
• Administration of the organisation’s business software and hardware asset management.
• Ensure adequate antivirus protection and appropriate security solutions are maintained and updated.
• Troubleshoot complex issues by analysing root causes and evaluating options.
• Assist in maintaining, administering and developing the IT Infrastructure in line with business needs.
• Maintain and update supporting IT documentation, procedures and processes.
• Administer and monitor internet and email filtering systems.
• Undertake such other duties as the Company may determine from time to time.
Salary: £25-35k per annum DOE
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Sodexo Lifestyle benefits – discounts on holidays, entertainment, hotel breaks, DIY, etc.
• Death in service benefit after 1 years’ service
• Pension scheme – Company matches employee contribution up to a maximum of 4.5% basic salary.
• 08:30 to 17:00 hours Monday to Thursday. 08:30 to 15:45 hours Friday
|Job Category||Information Technology|