The Work Shop are delighted to be recruiting for a Electrical Technical Support Engineer (Office based) for an electrical manufacturer/distributor.
Electrical Technical Support Engineer – Role Guide
- Ideally based in Hampshire or Bedfordshire
This role would suit an ex- service engineer who wants to be office based, or a technically minded person, who is keen & quick to learn.
Training, both in house & by external providers would be undertaken.
Key Responsibilities of Technical Support Engineer (Electrical):
- Provide our customers with the technical information required to effectively and efficiently install and maintain our products.
- Designing fire alarm & emergency lighting systems
- Answer calls from customers and assist with technical issues.
- Manage customer complaints, returns and repairs collecting all required information.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Assist in testing returned products
- Assisting in product development & testing.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Any other tasks or duties that may be requested by the line manager
Other Responsibilities for the Electrical Technical Support Engineer:
- Assist with building of demonstration kits for customers and display boards for use at Trade Shows, Exhibitions or Distribution Outlets
- Complete site visits when required to determine issues with problem sites
- Participate in Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues where possible
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base technical notes and articles.
- Carrying out updates of product data for our I.T system such as PIM (product information management) data sheets, instructions etc
- Carry out customer training
Preferred Experience/Skills Needed:
- Experience in installation and design of Fire Alarm Systems
- Good knowledge of current standards for installation and maintenance of fire alarm & emergency lighting systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when dealing with both internal and external customers
- Good computer skills including data entry
- Valid UK driving license
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office software products
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact The Work Shop today for an informal conversation.
Electrical, Electrician, Electronics, Technical Support
|Job Category||Information Technology|