CAD Designer / Technician – BH8 Bournemouth – Salary £25,000
Our client is a commercial interior contractor specialising in the design, fabrication and installation of mezzanine floors. They can also offer the full design process and work with clients in the pre-construction phase to create the perfect solution for their business requirements.
- 2 years minimum construction or engineering related AutoCAD experience.
- Confident to lead in front of clients.
- Computer literate including all MS Office packages.
- Well presented with a positive can-do attitude.
- Degree level education.
- Acceptable to working flexible hours.
- Clean driving license.
- Own transport.
– Work as part of the team to execute interior fit out projects in a professional manor, complying to regulations set out by such law as CDM, health and safety at work act 1974 and building regulations.
– Attend client meetings and surveys in advance of the pre-construction phase.
– To work alongside the company director and assist with the design of mezzanine floors, interior and exterior designs for commercial property.
– Provide design support to all members of the team including the contracts manager and salesman.
– Constantly streamline the design process and propose new ideas to the company director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transfer survey into AutoCAD in advance of the design process.
- Create sales proposal drawings on behalf of the salesman.
- Design mezzanine floors in 3D CAD.
- Design building layouts to comply with building regulations.
- Create detailed steel fabrication packs to be issued for fabrication of steelwork.
- Form component lists from the drawings to the contracts manager ready for purchases.
- Review designs and modify where required to comply with building regulations, client or company director requirements.
- Issue approval drawings to the client for sign off.
- Detail installation drawings for all trades including mezzanine floors and interiors.
- Update drawing registers for all sites and issue to all parties involved.
- Ensure all steels are delivered from the stocklist as per the fabrication drawings and complete the checklist paperwork to confirm for your approval.
- Assist contracts manager and warehouse/transport manager with the loading of materials onto the lorry and quantify the components before despatch.
- Carrying out building surveys and sketches.
- Undertake random site inspections to ensure the installation of the mezzanine floors and interiors complies with your designs.
- Attend client meetings at the pre-construction and construction phase for design input on health and safety
Line Manager – Company Director
Hours of Work – 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday with two 15-minute paid breaks. This is a full-time position totalling 40 hours per week, the candidate will be required to work flexibly to meet the needs of the company.
Equipment Provided – Laptop and software, mobile phone, PPE and access to company pull vehicle
Training Provided – Asbestos awareness, SSSTS, AutoCAD training