An opportunity has arisen within this excellent local employer with a great reputation for supplying quality precision engineering items. The role will involve responsibility for the procurement and expediting of raw materials for the site.
This will include:
• Purchasing materials and bought out parts from approved suppliers
• Procuring assembly/shop floor consumables
• Raising production work orders and creating/supplying all associated paperwork
• Responsible for procurement element of contract review to ensure appropriate price and availability.
• General office duties and housekeeping
• Supporting internal assembly kitting requirements as required
• Self-starter requiring minimal management direction
• Process orientated with a strong attention to detail
• Relationship builder with good communications skills
• Proven price negotiation skills
• Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
Key Skills and Experience:
• Proven history of working within procurement
• Goods working knowledge of MRP systems and key functions
• Strong IT skills in MS products
• A background in manufacturing/engineering
• Experience of highly regulated manufacturing environment AS9100 or similar.
• Familiarity with supporting a large diverse portfolio of complex products
• MRP Systems migration and report writing skills
• Detailed knowledge of creating and managing long term supplier agreements
• Data Analytics experience
|Job Category||Office & Administration|