An exciting new role has arisen for a Business Systems Administrator to join a large organisation based in Wimborne, Dorset.
The purpose of this role will be to provide effective IT administration and assistance across all aspects of the business and offer back up and support to the other members of the IT team.
The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the server/storage environment and operating systems, network infrastructure, switches and firewalls and externally hosted services.
• Administration of Server (virtual & physical), storage and Network infrastructure
• Performing regular server patching (out of hours) and routine monitoring of systems and software
• Responsible for configuration and support of the Microsoft 365 environment
• Responsible for the Company’s business software asset management
• Procurement of IT hardware, software and maintenance services
• Ensure the security of data, network access and backup systems are protected and resilient.
• Ensure adequate antivirus protection and appropriate security solutions are maintained and updated.
• Troubleshoot complex issues by analysing root causes and evaluating options
• Provide support and advice for end users, logging all issues on the IT ticketing system
• Implement and manage secure network access for remote users
• Maintain, administer and develop the IT Infrastructure in line with business needs
• Maintain and update supporting IT documentation, procedures and processes
• Extensive hands-on technical experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of providing server, infrastructure, and MS 365 systems administration
• Use of VEEAM backup application essential
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems
• Understanding of security and networking concepts, DNS, DHCP, remote access and VLANs
• Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy Management and Implementations
• MS 365 administration
• Well organised, enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Microsoft, Cisco certifications
• Linux systems administration
Hours of work: 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:30 to 15:45 Friday
Salary: £42,500 per annum
Benefits: 5 weeks annual leave per annum, plus Bank Holidays, Free parking, Sodexo Benefits Platform, employee assistance programme and cycle to work scheme, Group personal pension scheme, Death in service benefit
|Job Category||Office & Administration|