Salary: Category: Engineering Hours: Monday - Friday
TRAINEE MECHANICAL INSPECTORS:
Privately owned business operating predominantly in the global aerospace sector and employing 189 staff at facilities occupying more than 72,000 sq.Ft. They have grown steadily over the last 12 years from its original factory in to a business now operating 3 factories across the UK. The company relates its success in terms of quality, reliability and subsequent growth to its policy of only employing skilled self-motivated personnel.
Currently seeking two Trainee Mechanical Inspector’s. In-house training will be provided to the successful candidates.
– To ensure ALL products are inspected at the planned operation stages preventing non-conforming product which includes the following inspection activity: FIRST OFF, GOODS OUT, GOODS IN, FINAL VIEW.
– To ensure where unavoidable errors occur they are detected during the manufacturing process and not at the pre-treatment or final inspection stage.
– To support the manufacturing process & ensure production is not delayed.
-To identify non conforming product in good time
-To ensure product non conformity is communicated to the production staff & liaison with non-conforming areas/departments[workshop, manufacturing, suppliers]
– To initiate, manage and document all corrective actions to ensure preventive action is effective and production management is not compromised.
– To monitor performance of all direct manufacturing operatives in respect of quality and recommend training, or corrective action as appropriate to secure sales and performance objectives.
– To ensure accurate and timely information and data is made available to the Quality Manger for Business System/Key Metric management data entry as applicable.
– Conduct visual and physical inspection activity on the workshop as daily routine [patrol].
-To support all Inspection activity when requested.
– To engage the support of the Engineering or Commercial Manger or manufacturing engineers in respect of product manufacture, the Quality Manager in respect of Quality Systems and the Planning Engineers in respect of processing documentation.
-Liaise with production for priorities.
– Milling and turning machining knowledge would be advantageous however, attention to detail is imperative for this role.
Proposed start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
•Milling and turning: 1 year
Back to Recent Jobs