Salary: £24,000 -£30,000 Category: Engineering Hours: Monday - Friday
Privately owned business operating predominantly in the global aerospace sector and employing 189 staff at facilities occupying more than 72,000 sq.Ft. They have grown steadily over the last 12 years from its original factory in to a business now operating 3 factories across the UK. The company relates its success in terms of quality, reliability and subsequent growth to its policy of only employing skilled self-motivated personnel.
– To ensure the QMS of the business [QMM/POLICY/BOCS] is managed & maintained to compliance of all customer quality requirements & AS9100 [Latest Revision] certification.
-To ensure the quality & business objectives are achieved, improved & where failure is recorded, implement & manage corrective & preventive action[s].
-To strictly monitor & maintain customer requirements in respect of quality & metrics, providing corrective action & preventive solutions.
-Deputise [all duties & responsibilities] for the Quality Manager.
– To uphold company policies as documented in the Business Strategy.
– To ensure correct practise, legalities and responsibilities in respect of the QMS/H&S/EMS are maintained.
– To manage customer returns & QUALITY CLINICS in accordance with BOCS-18 & to the defined time restraints – MANDATORY.
– Customer liaison in respect of customer returns & RCCA.
– Support internal and external auditing activities.
– Maintaining the Quality Management System.
– To initiate, manage and document all corrective actions to ensure preventive action is effective and production management is not compromised.
– To ensure product non conformity & customer is communicated to the production staff in a timely manner.
– To monitor performance of all direct manufacturing operatives[workshop daily patrol] in respect of quality and recommend training, or corrective action as appropriate to secure sales and performance objectives.
– To ensure employee training is identified, managed and documented accurately and timely [BOCS-24]
– To deputise for the Quality Manager when absent.
To provide by the first day of each month:
– Accurate PPM customer quality data
– Accurate PPT data [in QM absence]
– To assist or MANAGE quality clinics in accordance with BOCS-18.
To fully support quality reviews & ensure all / any RCCA are conducted on time & effectively.
To maintain the QMS per BOCS-01
To support specific customer quality requirements in respect of inspection when requested [i.E. E-silk]
To engage the support of managers & supervisors [as applicable] in respect of product manufacture, the Quality Manager in respect of Quality Systems and the Planning Engineers in respect of processing documentation.
Proposed start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: DOEBack to Recent Jobs