Salary: £16,000 - £19,000 Category: Office & Administration, Temporary & Contract
(Temp to Perm position)
Our Client are a large Utilities Company whilst it would be advantageous to possess Billing or Invoicing experience that is not the most important factor for our Client. You will be opening new accounts, registering metre flows, amending any and all allocated accounts, entering data. There will be phone work. Our Client value dedication and teamwork above everything else.
They provide a wonderful benefits package including a contributory pension scheme and free parking. Could I interest you in the position? Could we discuss?
If so when can I call you?
Role: Billing Assistant
Salary: £16,000 – £19,000
There are opportunities to earn more money with overtime in the Billing Assistant’s role.
This location is the billing, operations and collections contact centre for all South West customers, across the entire region. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated staff member, with excellent communication skills to work in their Credit & Debt Department.
The Billing Assistant is responsible for ensuring that our customers are billed correctly and on time. Any exceptions are fully investigated by the billing team prior to issuing bills to provide accuracy. The aim of the department is to deliver excellent customer service through all means of communication.
CORE DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Update and maintain the billing system and correct quality data
• Effectively communicate with customers to resolve issues and complaints by letter and telephone, giving advice and information, responding promptly to all enquiries
• Ensure meter installations are installed within the agreed targets and monitor progress
• Assist and support the department to meet the agreed Company targets
• Maintain accurate records of contact with customers ensuring security and confidentiality of records at all times
• Communicate and co-operate with other Company personnel to ensure an efficient transfer of information and efficient running of the department
• Achieve individual targets
• Demonstrate you are a strong team player by collaborating with your peers to promote positive relationships which deliver excellent results.
• Take ownership and accountability delivering consistent high quality customer service
• Good all round level of education with a minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
• Team player with personality
• Demonstrate you are an expert in your area
• Experience of working in the customer service environment
• Billing administration background
• Previous experience of working in a regulated environment
• Evidence you have excellent oral and written communication skills including negotiating and presentation skills
• Demonstrate excellent levels of customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage difficult customer situations
• Proven analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
• Evidence you have excellent organisational and time management skills
• Evidence you are able to work under pressure ensuring that strict timelines / deadlines are achieved
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills by building strong working relationships with team members and peers
• Evidence you are self-motivated with an aptitude to learn
• Demonstrate you have a ‘customer first’ attitude and are willing to take ownership
• Demonstrate you have a positive and enthusiastic approach to work and the challenges this job entails
• Evidence you have the ability to overcome barriers by working with your team/peers and your manager and contributing to process improvements
• Demonstrate an approach that looks for solutions when faced with issues
• Adaptable to change in a flexible, fast paced working environment
Back to Recent Jobs